Team Bath Rhythmic Gymnastics is a non-profit making community sports club, and as such does not operate to make profit from payment for training, club membership fees etc. Surpluses which are generated throughout the year are ‘re-cycled’ into the club’s activities. The fees are calculated in order to bring in sufficient income to pay
for the hire of the sports centre or school hall where the members train, to pay the fees and expenses of the coaches for both their attendance at the regular training sessions and at competitions, and for miscellaneous expenditure such as insurance or equipment.
Fees are payable in advance at the beginning of each term in order to protect the financial security of the club.
What you are expected to pay
The first session at the club is free.
After this fees are charged on a session by session basis for the first few weeks in order that you and your child have a chance to get to know the club and decide if you wish to become a regular member. After this initial few weeks, fees are charged in advance on a monthly basis.
Fees are calculated at an hourly rate which is determined by the number of regular core hours your child attends at the club. The more hours your gymnast trains the cheaper the hourly rate you are charged.
Charges for Regular Training
The full Pay Policy can be read here:
If your child becomes a member of a squad, they and you will agree a regular core training commitment with their coach. This will take into account, where possible, any other regular, unavoidable commitments, such as ballet lessons, parental visits, etc that the child may have. You must then pay for these core hours even if your child misses a session (or part of) for whatever reason (including short term illness and holidays). This is to keep your child’s place in that session, as regardless of whether everyone is there or not, the club’s outgoings are still the same. (Please see additional notes below.)
However, as a matter of courtesy to facilitate planning of sessions, please notify the club in advance of any known absence. In the event of long term illness or a change in other commitments, you will remain responsible for paying for the sessions until a new training schedule is agreed with the coach. You can apply for a payment break if applicable (see policy). The coaches are responsible for notifying the treasurer of any changes in the gymnast’s schedule.
All fees for squads are payable monthly in advance. This payment will include any balance remaining from the previous month (eg if the club has had to cancel sessions) and an estimated amount for the month ahead. This will include any holiday training.
The Club’s preference is for payment by standing order / direct debit as the amount usually during holiday periods covers some of the costs of competitions / summer / Easter. Fees for regular training hours can also be paid by cash or cheque.Occasionally it is necessary to cancel a session. Where possible a replacement session will be arranged. If the replacement session is on the same evening, but a different venue, you will still be charged as usual for this session. If the replacement session is arranged for a different day or times, then you will only be charged if your child attends. Any overpayments will be credited against future invoices.
Costs for Competions & Events
Please read the Gymnasts Pay Policy above for full details.
• Gymnasts are required to pay the entry fee for competitions, this ranges from £10-£75 (Usually around £15 per person per routine) depending on the event, level and type (Group or Individual). This fee is set by the competition and passed directly to the gymnast.
• Judge & Coach contribution. In order to enter all competitions, Team Bath Rhythmic must provide two Judges and usually at least two coaches (depending on gymnast numbers). Each gymnast is asked to pay a set fee contribution towards these costs (Coach/Judge/Travel Accommodation). For 2019 this fee is £35 per gymnast, per competition. Display Squad £25 per event (as no judge requirement). In 2017 the contributions towards coaches and judges was subsidised by the fundraising money, by approximately £1000.
• Leotards for competition can cost over £250 each. As the gymnasts grow, change groups, change routines, Team Bath Rhythmic own the group leotards and ask you to hire them at £10 per competition. This ensure that you do not have a costly outlay. Occasionally when a group is perming at the top level, we may ask the group to purchase a second leotard.
• Equipment for groups, for 2019. (Change from 2018). We will ask all gymnasts who take part in a group, to pay an initial fee, which will buy the group equipment, storage bags and any spares or replacement that are needed through the year. These will be owned collectively by the group. As the apparatus is used by the whole group, we feel this fairest, as if one breaks due to use, the cost would be on one parent, however this is just unlucky as it could be anyone’s apparatus.
If a gymnast leaves the group during the year, they forfeit the apparatus, and it stays with the group, so that the group still has the complete set.
• Payment for competitions, this is due before the event. We can offer a split payment service, where we can estimate the number of competitions for the coming year and divide by your monthly payments. You increase your monthly Direct Debits, to cover the competition fees throughout the year, rather than in one payment – please ask the Treasury Team about this (details on the Gymnast payment policy). Please do not see this as a barrier, if your gymnast wants to compete please talk with us.
• Please note that for the Club Events and Competitions, including Bath Open, we DO NOT charge the gymnast contribution, for any of our club gymnasts. You only pay the entry fee and leotard hire.